Master Composter Training Program
The Master Composter Program is a ten-session course training individuals to be Master Composters and, in turn, equipping participants to share their newly acquired knowledge with others in the community.
Through hands-on sessions, Master Composter Program participants learn about a broad range of compost and recycling topics, including resource conservation and the effective use of recycled household materials in gardens and home landscapes.
Once trained, participants spread the word and share conservation information with others at the Gove Community Garden Compost Demonstration site, as well as at schools and outdoor markets. In addition, DUG and the trained volunteers will present a series of Master Composter seminars throughout the Metro Denver.
The first seven classes will be held at Denver Urban Gardens' headquarters at The Horse Barn, located at 1031 33rd Street in Denver.
The application period for 2015 program is now open. Please review the class schedule for this year, and if there are no conflicts with class dates, contact Judy Elliott for more information about applying.
The 2015 Class Schedule:
- Monday, February 23rd, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 2nd, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 9th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 16th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 23rd, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 30th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, April 6th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Friday, April 10th, 8:00 am – 3:00pm, Denver Recycles/Site Tours
- Saturday, April 18th, 8:00 am – 2:00pm, Gove Community Garden
- Saturday, April 25th, 8:00 am – 2:00pm, Gove Community Garden
Click here to request a Master Composter at your event!
Thanks to Denver Recycles for their generous support of this program!