Master Composter Training Program
The Master Composter Program is a ten-session course training individuals to be Master Composters and, in turn, equipping participants to share their newly acquired knowledge with others in the community.
Through hands-on sessions, Master Composter Program participants learn about a broad range of compost and recycling topics, including resource conservation and the effective use of recycled household materials in gardens and home landscapes.
Once trained, participants spread the word and share conservation information with others at the Gove Community Garden Compost Demonstration site, as well as at schools and outdoor markets. In addition, DUG and the trained volunteers will present a series of Master Composter seminars throughout the Metro Denver.
The first seven classes will be held at Denver Urban Gardens' headquarters at The Horse Barn, located at 1031 33rd Street in Denver.
The application period for the 2014 program is now closed. Contact Judy Elliott if you would like to be notified when the 2015 application period opens.
The 2014 Class Schedule:
- Monday, February 24th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 3rd, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 10th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 17th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 24th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, March 31st, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Monday, April 7th, 6:00 – 8:30pm, The Horse Barn
- Friday, April 11th, 8:00 am – 3:00pm, Denver Recycles
- Saturday, April 19th, 8:00 am – 2:00pm, Gove Community Garden
- Saturday, April 26th, 8:00 am – 2:00pm, Gove Community Garden
Click here to request a Master Composter at your event!
Thanks to Denver Recycles for their generous support of this program!