- Cultivates community-driven garden leadership, including volunteer gardener leader recruitment and placement
- Provides garden maintenance support
- Provides fiscal management of garden accounts (when requested)
- Provides liability insurance coverage for gardens and serve as liaison between gardens and city officials, agencies and water providers
- Establishes working relations with garden property owner agencies and negotiate and maintain garden site use agreements
- Coordinates volunteer groups and supervise large maintenance and improvement projects
- Mediates inter-community gardener conflicts as requested
- Organizes peer-to-peer networking and learning events for gardeners and garden leaders
2021 Baseline Infrastructure Initiative
Key outcomes include:
All garden plots are fully utilized. To achieve this outcome, DUG will provide translators and on-the-ground support for plot applications to overcome language and technology barriers, develop and distribute multilingual resources for DUG mentorship and educational programming, recruit stronger representational leadership at all gardens, and provide support for community-building events including through DUG Corps and paid apprentices.
All gardens meet a baseline physical infrastructure standard. This entails completing regular repairs and improvements to all gardens, regardless of ability to pay.