Join Denver Urban Gardens for an afternoon of networking & learning at the 2020 Garden Leader Symposium. A variety of workshops will be offered throughout the afternoon followed by an informal networking happy hour. Join us for the workshops, happy hour or both!
This important annual event is the one time when garden leaders can:
- pick up hard copies of the 2020 application/waiver form for all gardeners
- receive important policy updates that impact community gardens
- get the skinny on what’s new with Denver Urban Gardens
- share happy hour with fellow inspiring volunteer garden leaders from across the network of community gardens
Date: Saturday, February 22nd
Location: The Horse Barn, 1031 33rd Street, Denver, CO
- 12:00 – 12:45pm: Registration
- 1:00 – 1:50pm: DUG Updates & Meet DUG’s new Executive Director, Dr. Violeta Garcia
- 1:50-3pm: Special Guest DUG is excited to partner with Natural Resources Defence Council (NRDC) on their Food Matters Initiative in 2020. NRDC will share information about food waste with DUG’s Garden Leaders, followed by a panel of garden leaders and local organizations sharing their creative ways of addressing food waste in gardens and giving back to the community.
- 3:15 – 4:15pm: Breakout Sessions- choose one of the following:
- Overcoming Cultural and Communication Barriers (In the Classroom)
- Planting for the health of the earth: Learn easy ways to plan a garden space that promotes seasonal productivity, decreased maintenance and healthy eating (In the Commons)
- Engaging Community in Your School Garden (In the Boardroom)
- 4:30 – 5:30pm: Happy Hour DUG will provide drinks and light appetizers for the happy hour- you provide the conversation.
We are happy to accommodate those folks currently volunteering as garden leaders. Partners and kiddos are kindly requested to sit this one out. Thanks for honoring our limited space!
Free street parking is available, but limited. We encourage you to carpool or take the light rail to 30th & Welton. We are just a few blocks northwest, at the intersection of 33rd & Arapahoe.
Questions? Contact us here!