Mission and Overview: Denver Urban Gardens (DUG) is an independent nonprofit organization and, in partnership with communities, we cultivate gardeners, grow food and nourish community. DUG offers neighborhoods the essential resources for community gardens, including ongoing technical expertise with:
- securing sustainable land for gardens;
- designing and building gardens;
- supporting garden organization, leadership, outreach and maintenance;
- utilizing gardens as extraordinary places for learning and healthy living; and
- linking gardens with related local food system projects and policy.
Denver Urban Gardens currently operates over 165 community gardens, including over 40 school-based community gardens. In addition, DUG operates DeLaney Community Farm (an urban community farm), the Master Composter Training Program, the Master Community Gardener Training Program, Grow a Garden, and provides extensive opportunities for youth education in nutrition and gardening.